Our overall goal is to provide ongoing community education, awareness and advocacy through our message “Save Precious Lives from Drowning”. By working together we hope that our community will be equipped with the necessary skills and information to enjoy water activities safely.
We aim to:
- Work with Blue Mountains City Council to fund / support regular council inspections of home pools.
- Support local pool owners in maintaining a safe home pool environment.
- Work with the local swimming pools to educate their patrons on drowning prevention and awareness, i.e. in-house training for staff, information days for parents, water safety workshops for children.
- Assist other key organisations to continually promote their key messages to the wider community, i.e. Royal Life Saving Keep Watch, AUSTSWIM - "Swimming Lessons - A Skill For Life!"
- Contribute in a positive way to the ongoing research of drowning prevention and awareness.
- Form partnerships with other key organisations who advocate to governments on behalf of families who have lost someone to drowning such as Royal Life Saving, Surf Life Saving, AUSTSWIM and the Samuel Morris Foundation.